ComtecK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hardware Reccomendations and what not to buy.

Go down

Hardware Reccomendations and what not to buy. Empty Hardware Reccomendations and what not to buy.

Post  Kyle(CAAR Supervisor) Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:16 am

Good Brands

Asus- I highly reccomend this brand because it has rock solid stability and it is a good gaming
board. Full of features and utilities.

Gigabyte- Next to Asus is gigabyte, it too is rock solid and has been a trusted gamer board brand
for many years.

MSi- I myself have never had a problem. Most MSi boards have high updatibility and last for many
years. I still have a MSi board that is still up to todays specs that i have had for 7 years.

ASRock- This throwoff brand from Asus is stable and fast bootup, I would trust this brand. Also has
many features.

PCChips- My past experience with PCChips has been decent, stable and has many features.
--------
other brands of other hardware

Nvidia-
Other than sharing system, Nvidia is a stable, rock solid gaming video card. Does not USUALLY over heat.

AMD-
I have always used AMD due to "true" power, unlike Intel, AMD is a stand alone Central Processing
unit and are quick which doesn't bogg down over time, and is also tested with many games.

Seagate-
Seagate hard disk drives are made to last forever (theoreticly speaking) and is a stable brand.

Super-Talent-
Ram from Super-Talent is good, fast, popular and have a lifetime warrenty, I highly reccomend it.
Also will work with about any other stick of ram.

Elixr Ram-
Allthough this brand is difficult to find (may be out of business) this is my favorite. It is fast and responsive and are always good. And compatible with most other ram sticks.

CreatiVe-
Makes a good sound card (soundblaster series mainly) with good high definition sound, and good lasting.

Belkin-
Belkin makes a good wireless card, easy to install. Always works __________________________________________________________________________________
The Bad

Biostar- I have had many bad experiences with the BIOS and hardware installations of these motherboards, not very dependable for important information. Cheap and eye catching but I do not reccomend these. I hate working on them.

Other bad brands

ATi-
I wont lie i like ATi but their awful drivers and overheating propability makes them a bad card, once they start to get a little hot, game performance drasticly reduces. But while they work they work good.

Intel-
I do NOT like intel, Any system I build is AMD based. Intel uses system memory (ram) for its proccesing power and are generally slower than AMD. The more you have on an intel based computer system, the slower it will run, The more junk on a system takes more Ram, less ram means less processing power for the intel system.

Western Digital-
I have not had very good luck with this brand of hard drives,They seem a little bit slow to me, i know it sounds weird that brand matters but I am certain it does, I have had complete crashes with western digital and cases of bad drives and health.

Kingston-
I know this is a popular brand. But I have noticed that certain modules are slow, and picky about what is placed in with it. It may last forever, but it has its downs.

Via Tech-
This is mainly an onboard version of sound, as that is what I am speaking of, It does not always sound very clear and interferes with some processors, mainly the AMD Sempron and pops.

Linksys-
Some linksys (not all) are hard to get properly installed and may take awhile to do so.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Good and bad Pre-Manufactured Computer Systems

HP/Compaq- is probably the best manufactured computer system I can say, they are not loaded
down with a bunch of junk, and is usually pretty fast from the start.

Emachines- Emachines are nice, when you first buy them but don't plan to upgrade. Many of them
come equipped with decent hardware but does not have much room for upgrade. So I
do not reccomend Emachines.

Toshiba-Toshiba makes very nice and loaded systems. But a hefty price too for the good one.

Sony- Sony is exactly like Toshiba, they make great systems, depending on how big your wallet
may be.

Dell- I can't believe people still buy from this company, They are equipped with most hardware I
consider bad hardware, and are just waiting to need service.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Any oppinions expressed here are all from me and personal experiences and are NOT intended personally against any
company namebrands mentioned here, and by being on my forum long enough to read through my list you are agreeing
that you shall not express your oppinion back to me on what I think of the above post. I am simply writing what I think and generally speaking I don't care if you agree with my good/bad list or not. Thank you for taking the time to read and
I am not intending to upset anybody. Sincerely, The Head of ComtecK Assembly and Repair. Kyle.

Kyle(CAAR Supervisor)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum